village life



when i got home, i stopped at the corner pharmacy to visit my favorite neighbor, kang, the 69 year old pharmacist whom I call dad. we sat on a bench in front of the store eating ice cream and talking about life. we sat together until sunset and then kang left to meet his friend for dinner.

before heading up to my apartment, i paused to admire my garden that kang helped me with (actually he and his wife did almost everything without letting me help because he wanted to surprise me). my vegetable plants are so lovely, each with the promise of a beautiful dinner hanging from its stems. this summer will be filled with an abundance of beautiful green salads, grilled eggplant, creamy tomato soups, and spicy green curries.

summer in the country is here...

No comments:

Post a Comment

related posts